1.24.2010

start up

So I've been admiring a lot of food blogs, drooling over amazing food pictures and following food bloggers for ages.I am, of course, still not sure whether starting this blog was a very good idea because: a)I don't have time for regular updates,b)my cooking skills are limited and c)my last food blog didn't work out too well.Pfft.

But on the plus side: a)I have an amazing camera and my food pictures are not too bad,b)food is love, love is food,c)I'd eventually like to try my hand at food decoration for photography.


Pasta also known as soul food or comfort food( for me).Cheese toppings, a creamy mozzarella gravy, corn and veggies...yes, I have finally learnt to make reasonably good pasta.


When it comes to cooking, the only dish I excel at is kosha murgi or chicken curry.Some tandoori roti or plain rice with chicken done well is the stuff dreams are made of.


Ma's kooler tok is reminiscent of Saraswati Pujo and winter. Sticky, sweet, a tad bit spicey, there can be no other perfect end to a delightful Bengali lunch.

P.S:The header is awful, was put together in a hurry.Something better shall be used sooner, when time permits.Also please tell me what might work better, recipes?Food stories?More pictures?Just pictures and no talk?

(All pictures posted in this blog are taken by me with my Nikon D3000.Not to be downloaded/used without my permission.)

8 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely blog. I'm so glad you have started this - perhaps now you will give me the inspiration to be more active on my blog!
    Love the pictures - I'm so jealous, wish my food photography were better.
    Coincidentally, I had kooler tok today. It was yum. And pasta, of course, is ALWAYS comfort food!
    And post whatever you want - recipes, food stories, descriptions, random food pictures - anything goes. Make it as lively as you want, I'm sure it'll be amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy photos. And I think the only thing I can cook at all is Pasta. Let's all start a pasta blog together: with pasta recipe and pasta eating stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog of yours, especially since I simply love food and cooking and have been trying my hand in the kitchen recently. So keep updating it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome blogpost. Great yummy pictures.
    Please keep posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ei, where is the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Everyone-thankoo :)

    @Madhura-pasta blog is great idea

    @Bhooter Raja-I shall post recipes too methinks :P

    ReplyDelete